In Ayurvedic medicine, the kapha dosha are the most easy going, loyal, calm, patient and consistent people. When out of balance, they can get in a rut and find it hard to get moving again. In this video I am going to share with you the 10 mistakes that kapha dosha should avoid. This video will include lifestyle tips, advice for diet for kapha dosha including what foods kapha should avoid and what foods kapha should eat. I will also talk about the best yoga for kapha dosha including poses and types of yoga that kapha dosha should absolutely not skip.
1. Don´t skip exercise Kapha dosha is water and earth. They are literally heavy in their bodies and they find it hard to get moving. Of all the doshas, kapha dosha needs exercise the most. Power yoga, vinyasa, hot yoga, anything to break a sweat.
2. Don skip the neti pot Kapha dosha tends to have an excess of mucus that can accumulate in the lungs and lead to respiratory infections. Neti pot can clear the nasal passages of mucus.
3. Avoid Dairy – As I mentioned above, kapha dosha tend to accumulate mucus, so they need foods that are more drying and to not add to the mucus buildup. Although kapha doshas will love cheese and ice cream, they need to stick to non-dairy milks like almond milk and coconut milk.
4. Don´t overdo the sweets! I am sorry kaphas! Sweets simply add to heaviness and density. There are some great sweeteners that will not affect your blood sugar levels now such as stevia and xylitol that you can try.
5. Don´t be afraid to sweat The most important thing for kapha dosha is to break a sweat every single day. Kapha doshas are grounded and calm. They are loving, kind and generous. But their health problems including diabetes, obesity and diabetes can greatly benefit vigorous exercise.
6. Don´t be afraid of spicy foods like ginger, cayenne pepper, chile, which will stimulate your metabolism. By eating spicy food you will be adding some fire element to your life balancing out the earth and water elements.
7. Don´t skip your bitter foods such as leafy greens, salads, Kale, spinach, swiss chard, asparagus, brussel sprouts, broccoli. These will also help you overcome the cravings for sweet foods. These light and airy foods help to uplift earth and water elements.
8. Don´t skip kapalbhati pranayama. This breath practice clears mucus from the upper respiratory tract and also is stimulating and energizing and add more fire element to the earth and water element.
9. Don´t hold onto a grudge. Kaphas are the most loyal and friendly of all the doshas, but just like their bodies can hang onto excess body weight, they can hold onto a grudge. Practice letting go and offering forgiveness.
10. Don´t do the same thing all the time- kaphas are loyal, they know what they like, they are loyal to people and their routines. Kapha dosha can try switching it up and trying new things.
If you would like more support in balancing your doshas then join us for our 30 day Ayurvedic Morning Routine Challenge in our membership community this September 2018
If you would like a downloadable clock for the optimal times to carry out your daily routine from waking, to eating to sleeping then click below.