Aromatherapy and Breath for Anxiety, Depression and Stress
Today I am going to show you something super simple you can do anywhere to help you with anxiety, depression and stress. I received a question on stress, anxiety and depression from Manjit in the UK:
Hi Dr Melissa West, hope you’re are well, needed your advice to help my sister who suffers with quite bad anxiety, stress and depression. She’s been to a Homeopathic doctor but nothing seems to help her. I’m getting quite concerned with her health and I do urgently need your help and advice. I would sincerely appreciate your time and efforts to let me know how and what to do to help her cope a better life. I thank you and await for your reply. Take care god bless you. Manjit (U.K.)
Today I am going to recommend alternate nostril breathing or nadi shodhana. This breath practice is calms and rejuvenates your nervous system. It relieves stress and anxiety. It is an incredibly balancing breath, in other words, it balances the solar and lunar channels of your body. Your left nostril represents your lunar and calming channel and your right nostril represents your solar and uplifting channel. So by balancing the two it is a good breath for anxiety, depression and stress.
Alternate Nostril Breathing with Scentuals destress relaxation aromatherapy Roll On
- Bergamot Essential Oil – Acts as an antidepressant, relieves stress and muscle tension, relieves headaches
- Palmarosa Essential Oil – helps to fight depression and anxiety
- Lavender Essential Oil is incredibly calming, eases anxiety, good for insomnia, muscle and joint pain
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil – good for depression
- Clary Sage Essential Oil – good for anxiety and depression
- Neroli Essential Oil – for depression and menopause
- Lemon Essential Oil – this scent is light and uplifting and is good for low energy
- Jasmine Essential Oil – good for anxiety, depression, and negative emotions
For a 15% discount on the Scentuals Destress Aromatherapy Roll On or any other Scentual Products my viewers can enter discount code “melissawest15” when they check out at scentuals.ca
You can experience the benefits of practicing alternate nostril breathing in as few as five minutes. However for long lasting benefits I would recommend practicing alternate nostril breathing for 10-15 minutes a day.
If you would like more support for anxiety, depression and stress, I highly recommend our membership community. There we have several short classes for anxiety, a fabulous long yoga class for depression and weekly Live Meditation classes that focus on relieving tension in your body. These are all fabulous for depression, anxiety and stress. We would love to welcome you into our membership community.
Let me know in the comments if you are feeling more balanced, less anxious, stressed, and more uplifted after doing this alternate nostril breathing. Give the video a thumbs up if you liked it. Subscribe for more videos like this. I will see you next week.