Today I am going to share with you five ways to increase your commitment to your yoga practice.
- As Stephen Covey says in the 7 habits of highly effective people, manage yourself first. Focus on the important and not the urgent. Make your yoga practice a priority by putting it on your calendar. When somebody else tries to book that time, you can say you have an appointment.
- Make space for the important. Take something out that isn’t giving you a big return on investment. Things like watching television and surfing social media are big energy drains compared to what you will gain from your time on the yoga mat.
- Go to bed earlier. This will make it easier to wake up earlier for early morning practices.
- Include something that is going to inspire you and make you want to practice your yoga. Maybe it is a mantra, an affirmation, a devotion, a mudra, a guided meditation, an inspiring reading, the options are limitless. Let your practice time be filled with inspiration.
- Plan what you are going to do for your practice the day before. Our YouTube channel has plenty of classes on playlists to choose classes from. On our membership site we have a weekly challenge where we create a focus for the week and choose out all the classes for you to practice each day of the week as well. 🙂