:Reflecting Back on 2013 I realized it was an important year of some milestones. As I started to put this reflection together the theme of numbers came up as so I will present this reflection as a walk through of numbers.
2 – the number of years we have been running Namaste Yoga’s membership site.
3 – the number of retreats we offered this year on our membership site Spring Clean Retreat, Mindful Compassion in Your Relationships and Winter Solstice Retreat
3 – the number of times we ran the brand new to 2013 Mentor with Melissa course
4- the number of years we have been giving away free weekly one hour, full length yoga videos
- Erika – Spanish Community
- Shannon – book club 4 months of a book club
- Molly – team teach yoga philosophy – Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita and lead the membership community through two chapters of the Bhagavad Gita
- Sue Medeiros – Groups Ignite Your Inner Fire, Transitions and lead the Mindful Compassion in Your Relationships Retreat with Me
- Kerry Wannamaker gave you 30 Weekly Challenges and counting in 2013
- Linda Dubbeldam started to give you delicious nutritious recipes to nurture and nourish your yogi souls. Her recipes were the icing on the cake for the menopause series and the Winter Solstice retreat.
- Ivy Tulin offered you 6 Devotional Reflections and headed up our devotional community
- Lisa Doering gave you 2 Guided Savasanas
- Amanda Field gave you 8 Take 5 Videos 5 minute videos to allow you to take 5 minutes from your day to nurture yourself
- Lisa Kerr filmed the Ashtanga Style Sun Salutations Surya Namaskar A for you.
Thank you to each and every one of them for what they have contributed to our membership community.
+ 4 Looking Ahead:
- Kay – Heading up a new project for 2014 She is the editor in chief of our book that we are writing as a collective community
- Christy will be teaching us about Ayurveda and eating
- Linda Herzog will be leading us through the Moon Cycles and suggested practices
- Kaycin will be inspiring us to practice every day in 2014
and more to reveal themselves as we will be running Mentor with Melissa again in February of 2014, but then not again until the fall of 2014 once we get settled in Victoria BC once we move in summer of 2014.
23 – the number of people we have graduated from Mentor with Melissa
200 – Celebrating Episode 200 of Namaste Yoga in October with Namaste Yogis from all over Ontario and the US. Thank you to all who traveled from near and far to celebrate in person ad virtually.
200 is an important number because we have over 200 free videos and over 200 videos on our membership site now too.
6, 182 The number of times I have posted on our membership site
Thank you for all your engagement in our community
7, 329 The number of fans we have on Facebook (as of December 27th 2013)
Thank you for all your engagement on our Facebook page. I love hearing from Namaste Yogis!
261, 858 The number of times Yoga for Beginners Two has been watched on our YouTube Channel
We love our beginners because that is how people get started and convert to being Namaste Yogis! 🙂
155, 695 The number of times Namaste Yoga 101 – How to do Yoga has been watched on our YouTube Channel
13, 414 The number of subscribers we have on YouTube
Thank you for watching us on YouTube!
1, 782, 528 The number of views on our YouTube channel
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your unbelievable support. What stands out to me as I reflect back on all of this is that we are here to stay. We are not going anywhere. We can now focus on the long view. And we are doing that with series that have lasted for over five months now, like our Benefits of Yoga Series!
There is no need to rush anymore, I can rest back into the long view and take my own words to heart, “Infinite time and no ambition.
I found an excerpt of a poem by William Blake that summarizes this beautifully,
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Given the long view, I know I have infinite time to fulfill all your requests. So that being said, what would you like to receive in 2014?
What is on your wish list for yoga?
Leave your yoga requests in the comments below.