This follow-along video shows you how relieve neck and shoulder pain with self massage and other tools.
When we experience an injury or an illness that continuously saturates our brain with pain or other unpleasant sensations, those pathways will strengthen. Neuroplasticity tells us, neurons that fire together, wire together. Pain, means more pain.
The good news is that we can offer our brain a counter-stimulus. We can literally give our brain something to process other than pain.
It could be self massage, the sensations we feel in our body when we do a yoga pose, visualization or a tool like the olynvolt pocket.
It is called: “competitive plasticity” when we consciously tell the pain-producing parts of the brain to disengage using a counter stimulus.
But, we can rewire our brain, consistently and slowly over time to turn off pain if we offer it a counter stimulus.
1. Sit in a chair, find a neutral posture, breathe into lower belly,
2. Place your fingers on your head, your thumbs on your occipital ridge, press and release as you move along your hairline, pressing and releasing until your reach your ears.
3. Place all 4 fingers on either side of your vertebra of neck, press and release working down neck, do little circles, pull skin gently away from neck. Work from base of skull down to shoulders
Today I’m going to show you a tool called the olynvolt pocket that I like to use to provide some competitive plasticity when I am in pain.
I get neck pain that causes migraines. And if I can provide a counter stimulus then I can slowly and consistently over time rewire my brain and turn off those pain signals.
So olynvolt gifted me this small travel size tens machine and what I love about it is the size and the design. I can stick it in my purse and have it with me for when I am traveling on trips in the car and if I’m experiencing pain I can provide some competitive plasticity and counter stimulus.
There are 16 levels, so you can gradually add a little stimulus and be gentle with your nervous system.
There are 5 modes:
1. Pounding mode
2. Kneading mode
3. Intelligent mode
4 soothing mode
5. Scraping mode
6. Press mode
So there are lots of variations on counter stimulus to offer competitive plasticity to my brain.
1. Hold onto opposite elbow, place palm on opposite shoulder, massage from neck to shoulder breathing long slow deep breaths
2. Armpits – squeeze and release, lymphatic drainage and shoulder tension
To Purchase a Olynvolt Unit click here: https://amzn.to/46cmtPt
Please note I sometimes receive a commission from Amazon if you decide to purchase an item at no additional cost to you.