One of the absolute favourite parts of my spiritual practice and yoga is connecting with my Goddess energy. In yoga, there is a fantastic Goddess pose, Utkata Konasana, that allows us to connect to the personal qualities of the many Goddesses that exist within all of us.
“These aren’t helpers,” the goddess retorted. “They are aspects of myself!” To prove it, she drew the other goddesses back into her body and went on to kill the demons single-handed—proving that the power of the eternal shakti is invincible.
Finally Lakshmi is the Goddess of abundance, wealth, good fortune, beauty and happiness. Lakshmi is known for her overflowing generosity as depicted by the gold coins which flow out of her right hand. Although many worship Lakshmi for her material gifts, Lakshmi is also known as the benefactor of spiritual gifts. Reflective Questions:
- In what ways do I access the life-giving energy of shakti to open me to my own inner empowerment?
- What are some current obstacles I’m working through? In what ways do I need to reinforce boundaries as a way of maintaining balance?
- To what extent do I connect with the fierce, strong, wild, and forceful aspects of my personality?
- Where in my life do I draw from the archetypal energy of Parvati, refusing to be intimidated, pressing forward with determination?
- How do I nourish myself?
- What forms of abundance do I express gratitude for? List several examples of good fortune in your life.